Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The end of an adventure

I debated for the past few days on whether or not to do a final post about my trip home (which was pretty terrible). In addition to not wanting to leave in general, I had to head to the airport at 4:30 am Thursday morning. After that, the lines were incredibly chaotic but that wasn't the worst part (I could handle it since I was so early). We got on the plane at 6:00 am (I couldn't even stay awake 1 minute... the flight attendant had to wake me up to make sure it was ok that I was in an emergency exit seat), took off, and then turned around about 5 minutes later and landed back in Bucharest due to a fuel leak. After sitting on the plane (we couldn't get off) for 2.5 hours, we finally took off again. That massive delay meant no trip to the Anne Frank house in Amsterdam... I was not a happy camper. Once I got over that, I slept in the Amsterdam airport for about an hour and then got on the long flight back to the states. I finally made it into Roanoke around 7:00 pm Thursday night and back home about an hour later. I slept pretty much until Saturday afternoon and then experienced some pretty major dehydration that I am just now recovering from. I'm also having some nose and head problems but I'm trying to rest so that I'm ready to fly out to California on Thursday and then Dallas next week.

So, that is it for Romania (for now). Once my life gets back in order here and I stop traveling, I'm going to work on my first package of pictures and goodies to send back over there. Hopefully, I will also have more pictures soon from everyone else on the trip so you all will be able to see some of the sites that I wasn't able to capture!

Oh! On a side note, I'm seriously considering going into Child Life now after having been on this trip with all these wonderful doctors and nurses. There's a fellowship program in Dallas that I am probably going to apply for in next year and I'm excited at the prospect of actually working in a job where I can really help children and families!

No comments:

Post a Comment