Friday, September 4, 2009

New Details

Last night, the Cleburne medical group had a big meeting to discuss the trip further. Since I couldn't be there, I got some of the info. from Jacob's mom (Schantile) through email and the rest I will hopefully get over the phone later. Here's what I found out:
  • The two main doctors and their wives will be arriving in Bucharest. I think that I will still be getting in before them, but it will be nice to have other people to wait with for an hour or two.
  • I think right after the Dallas group gets in (around 4:30 pm), we are going to get on a bus from Bucharest to Severin, which should take about 6-8 hours. Apparently, the bus ride is horrible and all the doctors on the trip are suggesting we take medicine for motion sickness.
  • Our hotel in Severin is the Continental Hotel. I'm not really sure if that's the official name and I have yet to find a dedicated website for it but I have found a little bit of info. on it (if it's even the right hotel I'm looking at). It has A/C but no hairdryers or irons. Since I'm used to hostels, this is nothing new for me and I'm sure it will all be fine. We get a continental breakfast every morning and in great European fashion, it's a healthy non-powdered eggs type breakfast with meats and vegetables instead.
  • Every now and then I forget that this is mostly a medical trip that we're going on and that the doctors are super paranoid about everything. For the packing list, they recommended like 5 bottles of hand sanitizer! Apparently, I might also need to get some scrubs to wear during the clinics everyday (although I'm not sure if I'll actually be doing anything with that) so I may need to figure out where to get some. Walmart maybe?
So, that's it for now. I might know more later tonight. It's only 18 days away and I am pretty excited to be traveling overseas again. I'm one of the few people who love long flights like this and what makes it even better is that my flight from Detroit to Amsterdam (and back) still has quite a few empty seats which means it won't be nearly as crammed as my flight to Sweden last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment